Saddlewise-Southwest Conditions of Purchase
- A non-returnable callout charge as agreed at booking is payable when booking is kept. Evening before for cancellation please.
- You are under no obligation to buy.
- Fitting is not guaranteed, however I will always fully explain the reasons why a particular saddle does/does not fit. It is for you to finally decide which is best for your horse.
- Used saddles are priced according to wear and tear, accepted by you for their value as used or tried saddles and must be regularly maintained and cleaned. You will have had plenty of time to try and satisfy yourself on purchase when I am with you!
- My call is non-obligatory. A particular saddle chosen (undecided) can be sent, when you make your decision.
- ALL ‘NEW’ SADDLES are warranted by me as NEW but may have small marks from trying, as you have tried. If you want new and unused there may be a wait (8+ weeks) or it may be impossible to repeat that saddle as new unridden. Your free choice.
- Please call me as soon as any problem occurs with your horse. That you suspect may or may not be the saddle! Unrelated saddle problems do occur with new horses!
- It takes >20 hours riding for the ‘wool’ panel to settle as your horse wants to mould it. It will mould to fit your horse, it will change with his shape. A saddle needs to be ridden without a numnah for a minimum 10 times, to settle to your horse. Please do as advised at that time of fitting. A longer saddle may be touching “virgin” skin that has not yet hardened, you may need a numnah if he is showing signs of tenderness at back of saddle, and surgical spirit or salt water to help harden skin. OR very gentle riding in. Think NEW shoes! Do try and hack out quietly once or twice each week, without numnah, to adapt it to the horse's changing shape. SOFTEN the leather with oil or saddle soap! This is horsemanship!
- It is advised to use only girths with roller buckles, to avoid damaging girth straps, and always buckle 1st & 3rd .
- Any problems (sore areas) would be apparent when you purchase a saddle within a few days of riding.
- Refund (returns) of saddle. You have to return it by post or in person by arrangement made within 14 days of purchaseat your cost and return in 30 days.
- With any new order deposit required with order of 10%. Cancel before 7 days, notify me at least within that time. Or lose deposit. (I will have a saddle I may not have wanted to stock that I have had to pay for!)
- After 30 DAYS. You cannot return a saddle if you do not like it , or if anyone else tells you it does not fit.General rule, no sore places on back, a good topline and the saddle Fits. If his back is fine it fits.
- Late returns after 30 days will occur a hire (use) fee of Ł10 pw. Deducted if not back in stock. (I can arrange boxed collection at cost often same day.)
- If you think you need an exchange at anytime. Please let me know also and why. But do talk to me at earliest apprehension about problems I do want your horse to be comfortable. (there will be a callout fee.)
- Used and new saddles I will expect to be regularly maintained and cleaned to keep supple. At the same time checking for wear of any stitching. You are expected to maintain by getting any repairs done before any breakage can occur. If you do not know how to clean a saddle please ask.
- New saddles have 1 year warranty on material and workmanship. The warranty does not apply to wear and tear or accidental damage. You are advised to use leather oil on all new saddles before riding in damp conditions to waterproof the leather. In heavy rain to protect your saddle, use a ride on waterproof cover, to keep it looking its best. Saddles roll on Fat horses or with elastic girths. Avoid elastic girths Elastic girths will oftenallow movement and rubbing / blistering of the horse. A returned cheque will incur an additional charge of Ł8.00 + Ł10 per week rental fees until the saddle is paid for in full. You may pay with Cash Cheque or Debit card (free) or use credit cards. A 2% addition for credit card use applies. To cover costs. To Max. Ł10
Please feel free to telephone at any time.
Signing overleaf deems acceptance of these conditions. (INVOICE)
Your statutory rights are not affected.
I aim to be fair and reasonable, so talk to me. I can only improve with feedback from you. All horses are individual.