I am a fully INDEPENDENT mobile saddle fitter
I am sorry to disappoint you, but I am not allowed to take the Master saddlers, fitting exam for the following reasons, first applied in 1991!
Because I am Mobile and I do not make saddles.
You may do well to note they have revoked many qualifications because of complaints for ill fitting and problems. (What can you possibly learn in 4 days?) I have many years experience in correct fittings, having been fitting saddles since 1987.
- I am totally mobile and carry only 80 saddles. Unlike other fitters I totally assure my fitting, with options or money back even on new. Even if marked! (If non fit.)
- I sell mostly used secondhand saddles. I have super offers on new and nearly new.
- I do not have to trade at recommended retail prices! Nor do I have a shop or 400 saddles to qualify for a master saddler’s sticker!!! You will like my prices! Quality you can judge for yourself.
- I do not make saddles. I do limited repairs on my own saddles. Taught by a saddler who taught at saddle school.
- I am Fully INSURED.
- I have very experienced saddle makers who custom make for me, to my specifications to order or for stock. Both experienced pattern makers. One man one saddle.
- I have fitted for most of my life, breaking and selling equines since 13yrs old now 66yrs. Bred and raced thoroughbreds and have owned stallions most of my life. I have evented and hunted and produced quiet children’s ponies. A correct saddle gives a happy and well moving horse / pony.
- I was trained in riding by Chris Bartle for 3 years. I know how important correct fitting is. I produced show ponies. And I sold horses to two Olympic riders.
- I have spent 25 years in scientific research and as a technician. The best part of that for the Veterinary school at Bristol. Working there whilst keeping my own horses For ALL disciplines. I applied Research to my fitting techniques, I always followed up on results.
There is so much rubbish written about fitting - The best is Master saddlers excuse: the horse changes shape!
I can fit by eye but totally analysed my way of fitting to fine tune it; fitting is a logical process. 14,000 horses now looked at for saddle fit in lifetime, selling 85% USED saddles. This must tell you something. I only sell saddles. 2 in 4 of my callouts is recommended.
Try me and see!
Please leave a message and where you are or email email@example.com
All major credit / debit cards taken.