Mobile Saddle Fitting Service
Traveling all South and West. I visit Penzance And along M4 M5 corridor. Counties of Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Used /Secondhand /ex demo/ new Saddles all fitted level for a balanced free moving horse.
Large stock of USED carried 80+ Have your horse move freely in balance.
It is not necessary to have a new saddle for it to be correct and fit and improve horse by regaining his natural shape.
Fitting is what counts every time> level and in balance. This can alter with riding and a monthly check by any owner should be made to see if this statement is still true> level pommel to cantle in ridden walk, then you cannot damage his topline!
Ridden in wrong saddle 2 years - day corrected, first ride
After 4 months! in balanced correct saddle.
I sell mostly used saddles, carry 80. I can fit Secondhand /new, or get what you want and fit it correctly.
No fitting is guaranteed. no fitter can say that instead they will tell you your horse changes shape His skeletal shape does not.I advise from years of experience. Saddles and fitting comprise 3 elements
- Rider weight/activity/ empathy, recognizing first signs of blistering slight flinching under body brush should warn you to ease up.
- Horse fitness, especially weight carrying area.
I have returning customers after 25 years!
I can advise and provide New in correct sizes at excellent prices made in uk.
Also I have some ex demos and some good value bankrupt/closing stock, from time to time.
I can help restore topline / movement problems and most saddle related temperamental problems with correct saddle fitting, You will have a new horse.
my terms and conditions are there to help your horse, please note them.
Sore backs are caused by many reasons, some not even saddle caused. Do contact me at first sign! However this is rare if show respect for your horse getting used to his different saddle
I also watch you ride and note how the horse moves, it has to be without restriction, with correct tracking up movement.
To contact me for a saddle fitting advice give your availability / tel no / postcode and location. I will quote call out charge for you. Please leave SLOW CLEAR Telephone number I have been unable to get back to some customers as they leave fast unclear numbers. email is best then text.
I DO WORK Weekends and evenings, fittings take average 2 hours Rider needs to be there!.
I now cover only following areas of Cornwall Devon Somerset Dorset Bristol
Plymouth £25 Penzance £35 Exeter £30 Okehampton £30 Honiton £35 Taunton £40 Bridgewater £45 Bristol £50
Telephone No. 07875707683 emails or leave text
01752 299735 (give your name with location /postcode/tel no. (repeat number slowly!) answer phone if not there)
Give as much information as poss, include your ht/wt available dates times
Saddle problem queries welcome by email for advice.
Fully Mobile, 50 yrs Experience Saddle fitting. 14,000 seen in my lifetime. I come to you! and Bring around 80+ leather Saddles of all sizes and prices. You try and experience different shapes and sizes.
Leave the horse for me to fit - Find what you are most comfortable riding in. Let me help you to improve. Its your choice at end of visit . You do not have to buy.
A good horse, a balanced saddle and you can ride correctly without effort.
I do not sell or buy adjustable saddles, synthetic, serge lined, air filled, or 'tree' less.
As i am retiring shortly I am accepting no part Exchanges.
I do not sell on commission.
One saddle for life! I know a horse does not change shape with regards to tree width. It's based on "Rotation point width" of shoulder and must sit above this, for the saddle not to interfere with movement.
You also have to ask yourself, What is a normal topline for a correctly muscled horse?
Do you recognize atrophy, wasted muscle where lifeblood has been denied in riding and muscle wastes!early every horse shows or you can feel for weakness.
Is there a difference in tension /hardness of muscle behind the shoulder and where you actually sit further back on your horses back?
The firmness should be the same! as the saddle should be level on his back horizontal line following through in ridden walk pommel to cantle level. with even pressure downward of all your weight, spread by the tree and panels.
Soft muscle behind the shoulder, is exactly that, Weak and damaged, if there is a difference in tension.
You cannot always see a wasted topline, it can be masked by fat layers and also you do not have X Ray vision to see what happens when you are on riding! get someone to take a picture!
If the saddle is pommel low, opposed to level with cantle, after 15 minutes in ridden walk? Then you have a problem! May only need to top up flocking?
Blood is prevented from circulating in the weight bearing muscle (Compressed by rider weight and time) preventing blood flow (energy and oxygen) full pressure squashing out blood over time or by heavy localized weight, after 15mins of crushing weight, the blood trying to feed these areas cut off then the muscle fibres give up, muscle fibres die.
Do you think all horses have high prominent withers especially as they get older? Do you really know definition of wither or are you looking at atrophy?
Damage is done with wide fitted saddles in as little as 4 weeks on a weak previously non weight bearing set of muscle. These saddles (all too common today through ill fitting) "tip" Forward and put all weight behind shoulder rotation point ! So how can he move? You have probably blocked his rotation point so when he does move the tree points poke in his shoulder and can damage cartilage on edge of scapula, would you like it?
Why is he carrying his head high or head shaking? Best time to fit a level correct saddle is before breaking or when just off grass Or asap as soon as you recognize a problem. Very fit horses have no fat under skin and sometimes experience discomfort when a level fitting is done as they have to balance your weight in a different, but correct way, carrying it spread evenly and balanced over 4 legs. Many riders expect instant change! its slow but has dramatic effects on both your riding and his general appearance and movement over all, but over time.
There is only 1" in tree width sizes From N >W How can you see that when tree points are concealed, judging by eye, You have to measure.
What is Medium wide? I am quite sure I have NO idea whatsoever every maker is different Tree points must match rotation points (hence skeletal shape) to sit still and correctly.
Never believe size on saddle, with new concept of "saddle vices" which will damage front arch (a good thing condoned by SMS Fitters i don't think so!) then sizes printed on saddle or bar can no longer be believed.
What is "looks right"? >3" above withers -what rubbish is that! different weights of rider, carried different times, with fat without fat, weak muscle, no muscle tired muscle into a ride, WILL all be different heights but must clear shoulder at rotation points not only at wither.
Too long and damages kidney! what Proof (there is none) - western saddles, long easily carried endurance saddles SPREAD the weight, easier to carry. You are sat on the muscles that hold the horse together and move to contract and stretch, if you are on his ribs you should pad up well , until this muscle recovers and gets strong. little and often riding, to build strength.
Everyone fits for the wrong reasons without knowing any physiology of the horse or understanding of the horses movement? or the way his muscles carry you.
Learn to recognize a good topline. A topline builds only by normal level weight carrying, and with oxygenated blood pumping through in normal hacking. It has to build its strength to carry even weight. lunging in a pessoa whatever, will not help a weight bearing muscle get stronger or allow correct 'true' movement.
Stephens geleze wither pads / full pads, are the invention of this last century to restore topline with continuous massage, as you ride!. THAT and a correct sized saddle that sits ridden level.
No need for dropped panels anymore, These just stop muscle re-development, in a very important area of horse muscle for self carriage.
- A new Experience in saddle Fitting. Logical level saddle fit,
- Fully explained.
- Try Different saddles, Its not what they look like its How they FEEL, and How well you can apply the leg aids or even turn your horse by balance! Basis of all riding.
- Leave the horse fit to me I will be watching for level balance of saddle, for the horse to be free in movement and if there is a final choice of 2 or more, I will advise which saddle puts you in best riding position, which of course will only improve you both.
- I will also help your horse regain topline and true potential, however good you think your horse is now!
A Selection of used and new and excellent value saddles. Some end of designs. some ex demonstrators. Some saddles barely 3 months use. I can get you named saddles at a price to order only. But If you are looking for value my usual top price is £800 (can be English best quality or custom -made).
Used (Secondhand) saddles,
Difficult horses a specialty. Remedial fitting "get that top-line back". Have your horse use all his back muscles in unison for peak performance.
- White marks? Dips behind wither /shoulder? Might not be your fault but a previous bad fit needing urgent correction, for recovery of muscle wastage. These dips do not recover without aid. even after months of grass fat turnout. It is why everyone thinks thoroughbreds need dropped panels or "high" misnamed withers are normal. All racehorses are canter worked with the weight on the fore- end of these weight carrying muscles. So all raced thoroughbreds will only recover a correct topline, with correct remedial saddle fit, using the correct tree size (frame). All else is cushioning. Dropped panels prevent recovery! This also applies to all horses previously fitted with incorrect too wide saddles. I can help RESTORE THAT TOP LINE.
- NEW See FAQ page re Saddle balance, correct and remedial fitting.
- If your saddle is not level, you cannot be riding in balance! you will not be able to sit in correct position, or help or communicate with your horse. You will notice the difference if your saddle has been wrong when given the chance to ride on a correct fit. Your horse will improve in movement, topline, tracking up and rear end muscle development, and WILL move more freely.
- I travel to you because fitting several saddles is traumatic enough for your horse especially if you have had saddle problems. So I come to you where your horse is relaxed. A saddle cannot be said to fit until horse is totally relaxed and carrying weight, which shows his TRUE back profile, and that your saddle is level, still, and your horse moving correctly, tracking up, and in balance.
- A true horses' back profile only shows when in "ridden mode" carrying the weight of the rider! So it follows it will change with different weights of rider and with muscle development . Any profile taken behind shoulder is not true fit! This is the only reason a horse can change shape. 'Under' saddle the panel is a cushion only that is very pliable when damp and warm. From 10 months to 30 yrs his shoulder point of rotation will stay the same or his front legs might drop off!. Older horsemen/women Know one saddle fits one horse for life. Been there done that, rarely used a numnah so that the wool flocking moves and adjusts and is pliant to every muscle movement of a horses back, it remolds to fit. The perfect saddle, in extremes of obesity and fitness, would be Correct width, have a flat panel stitched on when fat and replaced by a fatter higher panel when thin or fit. It should always be the same for level weight bearing as the trees are made and balanced at each size. To fit a skeletal shape. The saddle tree fit point is below/within 2 1/2" of his shoulder topline, or higher to avoid conflict with movement. If your tree pocket when girthed and mounted is lower than this then you are pushing tree points into the back of his shoulder at every move!.
- Traveling all South and West.
- I visit Penzance
- M4 M5 corridor.
- Wide selection of new and used saddles (70 - 90 carried). Care with fitting, two hours usually needed. You can ride on the road, or in a field, to relax your horse. If you are jumping you should have jump available to determine if saddle is comfortable for you! I will fully explain fitting to you and answer any questions or concerns re saddle fit. I will encourage you to try different saddles to get the best 'feel' for you. As long as it takes on the day.
- Friendly, efficient, personal service, I expect, encourage, customers to keep me informed of any concerns immediately they occur such as subject to slight discomfort of new saddle (as in new shoes for you!) new position /level/ not tilted now level weight bearing Which may be expected, by your horse. So I can explain if necessary or advise.
Problems that occur are mainly the result of the previous ill-fitted saddle, and the adjustment of the horse to carrying the weight "correctly" now, which has to be a gentle experience because his muscles on his back will not be fit, as the balance is shifted.
- You have to give your horse a chance to adjust, not rush off to next hunter trial before gentle working in. Think New SHOES!
- I try to come when it is convenient to you - evenings and weekends I try to come out of work hours.
Call-out charge: - Please Give POSTCODE and Village name.
Plymouth £25 Penzance £35 Exeter £30 Okehampton £30 Honiton £35 Taunton £40 Bridgewater £45 Bristol £50 Cornwall Devon Somerset Bristol
However this is per venue, not per horse, ask your friends if they want to share this cost.
No obligation fittings or saddle checks.
80+ NEW & USED SADDLES CARRIED
PART EXCHANGE WELCOME
(traditional saddles only - no synthetics or adjustable!)
Browse this website for some of our current stock. Always changing. please telephone any queries or by contact page.
Please view our Guide on Saddle Fit and why it may be your saddle, and not you, affecting performance. Are you getting the best from your horse?
For fittings or advice,
Contact jenny firstname.lastname@example.org
Text / call to -07875707683
home 01752 299735 some eves some early mornings (9am) Please leave clear slow telephone Number to return your calls if answerphone comes on line.
Please leave a message and where you are or email email@example.com
All major credit / debit cards taken.